Details• Natural teak wood displays organic variations in color, texture, and detail that tell the unique story of each Ubud.• Hand-applied Shou Sugi Ban finishes feature rich, black tones with added depth—created by carefully charring wood surfaces.• Reclaimed wood may also feature small splits, knots, joint lines, or other features that add one-of-a-kind character.• Artisan-finished surfaces are waxed for added protection and to emphasize the teak wood’s natural beauty.
- Arhaus collections are crafted by artisans from around the world and are expertly designed to withstand everyday use. However, as even the best-made furnishings and décor are not indestructible, normal wear and tear will reflect use and care.
- Artisan-crafted reclaimed wood will vary in color, pattern, shape and texture, highlighted by unique details related to its history. Small splits, knots, joint lines, or other features will not affect the quality or performance of your piece.
- Arhaus finishes may change over time, and natural wood may display small splits, knots, joint lines, or other features that will add character to your piece without affecting its quality or performance.
- Carefully dust reclaimed wood surfaces with a soft, dry, undyed cloth to remove any particles or loose dirt.
- Occasionally apply furniture wax to maintain reclaimed wood finishes.
- Before waxing, ensure surfaces are clean and dry. Apply wax in small sections along the wood’s grain.
- After the wax has dried, buff surfaces to achieve the desired sheen.
- To prevent moisture damage (like water rings), wipe up spills immediately with a soft, dry, undyed cloth.
- Do not clean using abrasives, harsh, corrosive chemicals, or care products containing ammonia or silicone, as these could damage finishes and surfaces.
- Furniture made from natural wood may move slightly as temperature and humidity cause the wood to expand and contract. This is normal and should be expected from season to season.
- Avoid placing indoor furnishings in direct sunlight or near sources of heat or moisture, as this could cause cracking or changes in finishes.
- Never place hot dishes directly on wood surfaces as this could cause scorching. Similarly, prolonged use of hot electrical equipment may also cause scorching.
- Protect surfaces from incidental marks (like scratching, scorching, and water marks) by using coasters, trivets, felt pads, and non-plastic mats.
- Lift wood furniture when moving. Do not drag, as this could loosen joinery and damage your piece.
- Do not lean back in chairs, and avoid using chair stretchers or table pedestals as footrests.
- Ensure your furniture sits in a level position to ensure the longevity of your piece, as frames tend to warp if standing on an uneven surface.
WarrantyWe are committed to telling your home design story. This means bringing you designs handcrafted by the world's most skilled artisans, using the highest quality materials and paying attention to every detail in the construction process. To ensure this quality, we warrant our merchandise to be free of defects in both material and workmanship. Please see our Limited Warranty for details.
ProtectionProtect your furniture investment from damage by purchasing our Worry-Free Protection Plan. Please Note: The Worry-Free Protection Plan must be purchased prior to the scheduling of delivery and cannot be purchased once the order has been scheduled to leave our warehouse.