- Our one-of-a-kind antiques are carefully curated from original sources—artisan workshops and markets around the world.
- This antique bench was hand-carved by Indonesian artisans from solid Mahogany wood, using traditional, time-honored furniture building techniques passed down from generation to generation.
- Original, hand-painted, antique grey-green finishes feature a naturally aged, distressed patina.
- Finishes are restored, cleaned, and coated with a layer of wax for added protection.
- Arhaus one-of-a-kind antiques may appear marked and weathered due to natural aging. This should be expected and celebrated as part of your piece’s unique character.
- Each Arhaus store offers an exclusive selection of relics that won’t be found anywhere else.
- Arhaus collections are crafted by artisans from around the world and are expertly designed to withstand everyday use. However, as even the best-made furnishings and décor are not indestructible, normal wear and tear will reflect use and care.
- Artisan-crafted furnishings made from natural wood with hand-applied finishes may vary in color, pattern, shape, and texture, making each truly unique.
- Arhaus finishes may change over time, and natural wood may display small splits, knots, joint lines, or other features that will add character to your piece without affecting its quality or performance.
- Furniture made from natural wood may move slightly due to temperature and humidity. This is normal and should be expected from season to season.
- Ensure your furniture sits in a level position to ensure the longevity of your piece, as frames tend to warp if standing on an uneven surface.
- Maintain antique wood finishes by occasionally applying furniture wax.
- Before waxing, ensure surfaces are clean and dry. Apply the wax in small sections along the wood’s grain.
- After the wax has dried, buff surfaces to achieve the desired sheen.
- For best results, follow use instructions for all cleaning products carefully. Do not over apply.
- To prevent moisture damage, wipe up spills immediately with a soft, dry, undyed cloth.
- Avoid placing indoor wood furnishings in direct sunlight or near sources of heat or moisture, as this could cause cracking or changes in wood finishes.
- When assembling your new wood furnishings, avoid overtightening hardware as this could cause cracking in wood surfaces.
- Remove dirt from wood surfaces using a clean, damp, undyed cloth. Dry immediately to prevent marks from forming.
- Do not clean wood surfaces using abrasives, harsh, corrosive chemicals, or care products containing ammonia or silicone, as these could damage finishes and wood surfaces.
- Protect surfaces from incidental marks (like scratching, scorching, and water marks) by using coasters, trivets, felt pads, and non-plastic mats.
- Never place hot dishes directly on wood surfaces as this could cause scorching. Similarly, prolonged use of hot electrical equipment may also cause scorching.
- Lift wood furniture when moving. Do not drag, as this could loosen joinery and damage your piece.
WarrantyWe are committed to telling your home design story. This means bringing you designs handcrafted by the world's most skilled artisans, using the highest quality materials and paying attention to every detail in the construction process. To ensure this quality, we warrant our merchandise to be free of defects in both material and workmanship. Please see our Limited Warranty for details.
ProtectionProtect your furniture investment from damage by purchasing our Worry-Free Protection Plan. Please Note: The Worry-Free Protection Plan must be purchased prior to the scheduling of delivery and cannot be purchased once the order has been scheduled to leave our warehouse.