70.85"W X 91"D X 67.75"H
Harcourte Queen Bed In Black
SKU: 45HCBQNLimited Quantity
Save 50% on mattress with this purchase
On a recent visit to the world-renown Cleveland Museum of Art, we paused at a striking chest that dated back to 19th century Massachusetts. Geometric lines of raised moulding were handcrafted of solid wood, which added stunning beauty and an aura of intrigue. In that moment, the Harcourte design was born. We took our inspiration for this bold collection to our long-time, Indonesian vendor known for his precision and artistry. For these classic, oversized pieces, beauty shines from the handcrafted details. Mahogany planks are hand-distressed with an Antique Black finish, and punctuated by the glimmer of solid brass hardware replicated from antiques discovered in historic New England.
70.85"W X 91"D X 67.75"H
Or Call to Order: 866-427-4287
Questions? Chat Now
- Mahogany planks are hand-sanded to bring out the natural wood grain patterns, followed by hand-distressed methods that create the worm holes, nicks and dents of a cherished antique.
- Layers of staining are applied to provide a warm glow. A soft lacquer is applied to corners and edges, to replicate a time worn patina.
- The Antique Black finish takes these pieces to another finish level, a slight rub is added to reveal glimmers of the warm, brown tones of the an Antique Mahogany finish.
- This collection features solid brass antiqued hardware, replicated from New England antiques.
- Handcrafted by Indonesian artisans of solid mahogany and mahogany veneer panels, each piece features intricate, geometric design of raised wood molding and crown molding that frames the tops and bottoms of this collection.
- Each piece will have slightly different shading and grain patterns, and, due to the nature of a multi-layered finish that is hand-applied by our craftsmen, there will be variation from piece to piece.
- Mortise-and-tenon assembly is one of the best ways to secure two pieces of wood that connects at a “t”; the end of one piece is fashioned into a round or rectangular shape (tenon), which is designed to fit into the same size hole on the other end (mortise).
- A woodworking method called book-matching is used to let nature take charge of the design; the back of one veneer meets the front of the adjacent veneer, which produces a striking, symmetrical design.
- Intricate, geometric designs of raised wood moulding and crown moulding frame the tops and bottoms of this collection.
- Hand-carved, chunky, faceted feet bring added accents of unique, handcrafted style.
- Mahogany veneer is hand-selected for its exaggerated wood graining, used to handcraft the exquisite headboard.
- The mahogany veneer is hand-applied to emphasize the rectilinear lines of the decorative moldings and intricate, geometric patterning is crafted around the footboard.
- Bed frames include space to accommodate variances in mattress sizes and allow bedding to be tucked into frame.
- For daily maintenance, use a mild soap and water solution. Towel dry immediately.
- Dust wood with a soft, dry cloth and buff periodically using a non-wax furniture polish such as Guardsman® Wood Polish.
- Do not use care products that contain ammonia or silicone as this will cut through the lacquer finish over time and damage your piece.
- Spills should be removed immediately with a damp cloth.
- Use coasters, trivets and felt pads under objects to preserve the finish of this piece.
- Never place hot dishes on surfaces; we recommend the use of felt-backed tablemats.
- Prolonged use of hot electrical equipment on top of furniture may also cause scorching.
- Always avoid exposure to direct sunlight or heat (e.g. by placing it in front of a radiator) as this can cause cracking and potential fading of the wood; a minimum 30 cm clearance from heat sources is advised.
- Do not drag piece(s) across the floor as this will cause damage or weaken joints.
- Dropping furniture onto corners or feet will cause damage.
- Toys, buckles and heels will scratch furnishings—try to prevent these objects from coming into contact with your piece(s).
Limited Lifetime Warranty
We are committed to telling your home design story. This means bringing you designs handcrafted by the world's most skilled artisans, using the highest quality materials and paying attention to every detail in the construction process. To ensure this quality, we warrant our merchandise to be free of defects in both material and workmanship. Please see our Limited Lifetime Warranty for details.
To purchase accidental and incidental damage protection for this piece, see our Worry-Free Protection Plan.
Shipping & Returns
We maintain a 14-day return policy. Should you discover a manufacturer defect or damage upon delivery, please notify our Concierge Team immediately 1.866.427.4287. To process a return or exchange, we require the original receipt. A 10% restocking fee and redelivery fee will be applied to merchandise returned or exchanged for reasons other than manufacturer’s defect or damage. Please note: Special Order merchandise cannot be returned, cancelled or exchanged for any reason other than manufacturer defect or damage. A 50% deposit is required at the time of purchase. Please Note: Discontinued and Clearance items cannot be returned or exchanged. Before finalizing your purchase, please verify clearance measurements of doors, stairways, elevators and hallways. Delivery and shipping fees are not refundable should your ordered items not fit through these areas. For more information, please see our Terms & Conditions.