20" W X 21" D X 44.5" H
Holmes Bar Stool With Upholstered Seat In Aged Black
SKU: 30HOLMB30In Stock
Warehouse Sale Featured Deal
We found this American farmhouse style dining chair and loved its classic form. We sent the original to one of our miracle workers in Northern Italy (a region known for its chair production) and asked him to create a reproduction we’d call the Holmes Chair. With just a few adjustments to the form, and adding a thick padded seat for comfort, we had what we wanted. Classic farmhouse style is extremely versatile and pairs well with both traditional and more contemporary styles for an eclectic look.
20" W X 21" D X 44.5" H
Or Call to Order: 866-427-4287
Questions? Chat Now
- The Holmes chair is constructed of solid beech.
- The Aged Black finish is lightly distressed and evokes a gently aged, heirloom appearance that is achieved by applying multiple layers of stain and paint that is then carefully rubbed along the edges to reveal light layers of stain underneath.
- A simple finish of durable translucent lacquer is added to enhances the shade variations of the wood while imparting a subtle, protective sheen.
- Handcrafted in Italy where the construction of furniture is a highly skilled time honored trade; this exclusive design combines classic American farmhouse style with exceptional craftsmanship.
- The frame is kiln dried to enhance strength and prevent warping and cracking over time.
- Pieces are joined using mortise and tenon construction; one of the best ways to secure two pieces of wood. The pieces connect at a “t”; the end of one piece is fashioned into a round or rectangular shape (tenon) fitting perfectly into the same size hole on the other end (mortise).
- The joints of the seat are corner blocked, screwed and glued for added strength and stability through years of daily use.
- The generously padded, large seat is constructed with a thick dense foam layered over woven webbing to create a solid, yet flexible foundation for hours of comfort. The woven webbing is called Pirelli Rubber Webbing: an alternative to springs in dining chairs (and occasionally in the seatbacks of occasional chairs). It features flat surfaces. Strips are tightly stretched across a frame and secured with webbing clips for the right amount of support and give.
- Take care when moving furniture.
- Do not drag pieces across the floor as this will cause damage to joints.
- Dropping furniture onto corners or feet will also cause damage and leaning backwards on two legs of a chair may weaken joints.
- Prevent sharp objects such as toys, buckles and heels from coming into contact with your furniture—no scratching please.
- We also recommend wooden or delicate flooring is protected from possible marking from feet or legs.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
We are committed to telling your home design story. This means bringing you designs handcrafted by the world's most skilled artisans, using the highest quality materials and paying attention to every detail in the construction process. To ensure this quality, we warrant our merchandise to be free of defects in both material and workmanship. Please see our Limited Lifetime Warranty for details.
To purchase accidental and incidental damage protection for this piece, see our Worry-Free Protection Plan.
Shipping & Returns
We maintain a 14-day return policy. Should you discover a manufacturer defect or damage upon delivery, please notify our Concierge Team immediately 1.866.427.4287. To process a return or exchange, we require the original receipt. A 10% restocking fee and redelivery fee will be applied to merchandise returned or exchanged for reasons other than manufacturer’s defect or damage. Please note: Special Order merchandise cannot be returned, cancelled or exchanged for any reason other than manufacturer defect or damage. A 50% deposit is required at the time of purchase. Please Note: Discontinued and Clearance items cannot be returned or exchanged. Before finalizing your purchase, please verify clearance measurements of doors, stairways, elevators and hallways. Delivery and shipping fees are not refundable should your ordered items not fit through these areas. For more information, please see our Terms & Conditions.