20" W X 21" D X 39" H
Holmes Counter Stool With Upholstered Seat In Aged Black
SKU: 30HOLMB24In Stock
Save 50% on this item with dining table purchase
We found this American farmhouse-style dining chair and loved its classic form. We sent the original to one of our miracle workers in Northern Italy—a region known for its chair production—and asked him to create a reproduction we’d call the Holmes Chair. With just a few adjustments to the form and the addition of a thick padded seat for comfort, we had what we wanted. Classic farmhouse style is extremely versatile and pairs well with both traditional and more contemporary styles for an eclectic look.
20" W X 21" D X 39" H
Or Call to Order: 866-427-4287
Questions? Chat Now
- Customize the seat from 75+ additional fabrics.
- The Holmes chair is constructed of solid beech.
- Aged Black: A dark, lightly distressed finish that evokes a gently aged, heirloom appearance, which is achieved by applying multiple layers of stain and paints that are then carefully rubbed along the edges to reveal light layers of stain underneath.
- Burnished Brown: A warm brown stain that is rubbed to add depth and texture.
- Dover White: A beautiful painted white finish with carefully rubbed edges—distressed to mimic natural wear.
- A durable translucent lacquer is added to enhance the shade variations of the wood while imparting a subtle, protective sheen
- Handcrafted in Italy where the construction of furniture is a highly skilled time-honored trade; this exclusive design combines classic American farmhouse style with exceptional craftsmanship.
- The frame is kiln dried to enhance strength and prevent warping and cracking over time.
- Pieces are joined using mortise-and-tenon construction; one of the best ways to secure two pieces of wood. The pieces connect at a “t”; the end of one piece is fashioned into a round or rectangular shape (tenon) fitting perfectly into the same size hole on the other end (mortise).
- The joints of the seat are corner blocked, screwed and glued for added strength and stability through years of daily use.
- The generously padded, large seat is constructed with a thick dense foam layered over woven webbing to create a solid, yet flexible foundation for hours of comfort. The woven webbing is called Pirelli Rubber Webbing: an alternative to springs in dining chairs (and occasionally in the seatbacks of occasional chairs). It features flat surfaces. Strips are tightly stretched across a frame and secured with webbing clips for the right amount of support and give.
- Spills should be removed immediately with a damp cloth.
- For daily maintenance, use a mild soap and water solution. Towel dry immediately
- Do not use care products that contain ammonia or silicone as this will cut through the lacquer finish over time and damage your piece.
- Dust with a soft, dry cloth and buff periodically using Guardsman® Wood Polish.
- Always avoid exposure to direct sunlight or heat (e.g. by placing it in front of a radiator) as this can cause cracking and potential fading of the wood; a minimum 30 cm clearance from heat sources is advised.
- Do not drag piece across the floor as this will cause damage or weaken joints.
- Dropping furniture onto corners or feet will cause damage.
- Leaning backwards on two legs of a chair may weaken joints.
- Toys, buckles and heels will scratch furnishings—try to prevent these objects from coming into contact with your piece.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
We are committed to telling your home design story. This means bringing you designs handcrafted by the world's most skilled artisans, using the highest quality materials and paying attention to every detail in the construction process. To ensure this quality, we warrant our merchandise to be free of defects in both material and workmanship. Please see our Limited Lifetime Warranty for details.
To purchase accidental and incidental damage protection for this piece, see our Worry-Free Protection Plan.
Shipping & Returns
We maintain a 14-day return policy. Should you discover a manufacturer defect or damage upon delivery, please notify our Concierge Team immediately 1.866.427.4287. To process a return or exchange, we require the original receipt. A 10% restocking fee and redelivery fee will be applied to merchandise returned or exchanged for reasons other than manufacturer’s defect or damage. Please note: Special Order merchandise cannot be returned, cancelled or exchanged for any reason other than manufacturer defect or damage. A 50% deposit is required at the time of purchase. Please Note: Discontinued and Clearance items cannot be returned or exchanged. Before finalizing your purchase, please verify clearance measurements of doors, stairways, elevators and hallways. Delivery and shipping fees are not refundable should your ordered items not fit through these areas. For more information, please see our Terms & Conditions.