22.25" W X 22.625" D X 34.5" H
SELECT A FINISH:
Seraphina Dining Side Chair in Noceto
SKU: 30SERENOCIn Stock
Save 50% on this item with dining table purchase
For our Seraphina Dining Collection, we take a nod to the enduring Klismos Chair with an Italian dining chair featuring out-curved legs, a slightly curving backrest and a padded, customizable seat. The Klismos Chair is a classic Greek silhouette referred to in epic poetry, found in relief sculptures and on painted pottery since the ancient Roman empire. Gaining popularity again in late 18th-century Paris for ancient Greek theatrical performances, and then again among 20th-century Art Deco stylists, the Klismos Chair’s clean lines and unique design have endured the ages. Seraphina isn’t only a classically designed piece but also a little piece of ancient history in the heart of your home.
22.25" W X 22.625" D X 34.5" H
SELECT A FINISH:
Or Call to Order: 866-427-4287
Questions? Chat Now
- Customize your seat from designer-inspired Arhaus dining fabrics.
- Stocked in Noceto and Black finishes.
- Noceto: Entirely painted and distressed by hand, this multilayered finish enriches the wood’s gorgeous natural patina. Each piece is meticulously crafted by Italian artisans with a rich and warm walnut color. The finish is distressed to appear well worn then completed with lacquer for added protection and a subtle sheen.
- Black: This hand-painted finish is completed with lacquer for added protection and a subtle sheen.
- Constructed from solid beech to create a strong base for the unique, hand-applied finishes, the frame is assembled by hand and joined using mortise-and-tenon construction. Joints are corner-blocked for strength and stability.
- Mortise-and-tenon assembly is one of the most effective methods of securing two pieces of wood that connect at a “t.” The end of one piece is fashioned into a round or rectangular shape (tenon), which is designed to fit into the same size hole on the other end (mortise).
- The frame is also kiln-dried to enhance strength and prevent warping and cracking over time.
- The generously padded, large seat is constructed with a thick dense foam layered over woven webbing to create a solid yet flexible foundation for hours of comfort. The woven webbing is called Pirelli Rubber Webbing: an alternative to springs in dining chairs (and occasionally in the seatbacks of occasional chairs). It features flat surfaces. Strips are tightly stretched across a frame and secured with webbing clips for the right amount of support and give.
- Depending on the type of fabric you select, certain cleaning codes apply. It is extremely important that you adhere to the specifications of cleaning codes in order to get the maximum cleaning results.
- For all cleaning codes, pre-test any/all cleaners for color loss and fabric compatibility. Use distilled water when mixing cleaners. Do not over wet.
- For overall soiling, use a professional cleaning service.
- All fabric may fade over time. Wearability of fabric is relative to care and use.
- Dust wood with a soft, dry cloth and periodically use Guardsman® Wood Polish.
- For daily maintenance, clean wood using a mild soap and water solution. Towel dry immediately.
- Spills should be removed immediately with a damp cloth.
- Do not use care products that contain ammonia or silicone as this will cut through the lacquer finish over time and damage your piece.
- Always avoid exposure to direct sunlight or heat (e.g. by placing it in front of a radiator) as this can cause cracking and potential fading of the wood; a minimum 30cm clearance from heat sources is advised.
- Do not drag piece(s) across the floor as this will cause damage or weaken joints.
- Dropping furniture onto corners or feet will cause damage.
- Leaning backwards on two legs of a chair may weaken joints.
- Toys, buckles and heels will scratch furnishings—try to prevent these objects from coming into contact with your piece(s).
Limited Lifetime Warranty
We are committed to telling your home design story. This means bringing you designs handcrafted by the world's most skilled artisans, using the highest quality materials and paying attention to every detail in the construction process. To ensure this quality, we warrant our merchandise to be free of defects in both material and workmanship. Please see our Limited Lifetime Warranty for details.
To purchase accidental and incidental damage protection for this piece, see our Worry-Free Protection Plan.
Shipping & Returns
We maintain a 14-day return policy. Should you discover a manufacturer defect or damage upon delivery, please notify our Concierge Team immediately 1.866.427.4287. To process a return or exchange, we require the original receipt. A 10% restocking fee and redelivery fee will be applied to merchandise returned or exchanged for reasons other than manufacturer’s defect or damage. Please note: Special Order merchandise cannot be returned, cancelled or exchanged for any reason other than manufacturer defect or damage. A 50% deposit is required at the time of purchase. Please Note: Discontinued and Clearance items cannot be returned or exchanged. Before finalizing your purchase, please verify clearance measurements of doors, stairways, elevators and hallways. Delivery and shipping fees are not refundable should your ordered items not fit through these areas. For more information, please see our Terms & Conditions.