108"W X 41"D X 30.4"H
108" One of a Kind Redwood Live Edge Desk with Pewter Base
SKU: 34834R108PKTOne of a Kind
A natural masterpiece, revived and ready to welcome the generations to come. This one-of-a-kind solid redwood live edge table was handcrafted from sustainably harvested timber. Working with an Amish sawmill, we give new life to cut trees that would otherwise be chopped for firewood or chipped for mulch. Redwood ages beautifully and has qualities not found in other woods, including resistance to shrinking and warping. We believe it is most stunning in its entirety, here, as a massive tabletop.
108"W X 41"D X 30.4"H
Or Call to Order: 866-427-4287
Questions? Chat Now
Top is available for Individual Purchase
This is an exclusive Arhaus item that requires ordering via phone. To ensure you get one-of-a-kind service, please call for questions and to order at 866.427.4287
- Narrowest Depth
- Widest Depth
- Top Thickness
- Weight (approx.)
- 139 lbs.
- Features a T-shaped iron base with black finish, or brass base with brass or pewter finish.
- Redwood is found in the Coastal Northwestern United States.
- It is a deep red color.
- Arhaus features only redwoods that are salvaged from stumps, burls and logs left behind at the turn of the century. These slabs have a deeper, richer color and tighter graining than redwoods that are being harvested now.
- They are all sourced from logs, stumps or burls that were left behind 100-150 years ago when loggers used to cut down trees from springboards, 10-15’ up the trunk because the mills did not want the curly grain of the lower section. Due to their natural resilience, these massive stumps are still sound and beautiful today.
- Redwood features a tight, straight grain with an occasional curl or wave.
- The table and base are designed to complement each other and thus sold together.
- As with all of our wood products, this tabletop is handcrafted from sustainable timber.
- These trees have been cut down by companies or homeowners to allow for new growth and would otherwise be sent to mills for further processing.
- Working with a fourth generation, Amish-owned family business, we ensure each piece is meticulously chosen to become an Arhaus table.
- Each slab of wood undergoes a nearly two-year process to dry so it remains strong and beautiful through years of use.
- Each slab of wood dries outside in the elements for several months and is then kiln-dried.
- The table is finished by applying a clear varnish coating that preserves and protects the wood surface while imparting a subtle sheen.
- Knots and joint lines are a natural property and add interest without affecting performance.
- Some small splits may occur, but will only add to the character.
- Natural wood will display seasonal movement because of changes in temperature and humidity.
- Live edge tables may feature a natural bark edge, which has an increased possibility of coming loose over time, especially if placed in high traffic areas. This is considered normal wear and tear and is therefore not a defect.
- Spills should be removed immediately with a damp cloth.
- Avoid exposing your furniture to excessive heat (e.g. by placing it in front of a radiator) as this can cause cracking and potential fading of the wood; a minimum 30cm clearance from heat sources is advised.
- Dust with a soft, dry cloth and buff occasionally with Guardsman Furniture Polish.
- Do not use care products that contain ammonia or silicone as this will cut through the finish (over time) and damage the base.
- Always use protection such as coasters and table pads beneath all objects to preserve the finish and natural characteristics of the wood.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight. It may cause discoloration.
- To clean the brass base, we recommend using a damp cloth. You may also use a mild soap, if necessary. Towel dry. Do not use care products that contain ammonia or silicone as this will cut through the finish (over time) and damage the base.
Shipping & Returns
Should you find an imperfection either in craftsmanship or material, you must notify us within 14 days of delivery. We will issue a repair. Replacements are not available as this is a one of a kind piece. A 10% restocking fee and delivery fee will be applied when returned for reasons other than manufacturer's defect or damage. Before finalizing your purchase, please verify clearance measurements of doors, stairways, elevators and hallways. Delivery and shipping fees are not refundable should your ordered items not fit through these areas. For more information, please see our Terms & Conditions.