56"W X 19"D X 30"H
SELECT A FINISH:
Palmer Credenza In Natural Oak
SKU: 55PALMOCR2In Stock
Seek wisdom and grace in green design. Sleek and elegant, the untamed beauty of solid oak or mango wood combines with clean, modern lines to create our Palmer Desk Collection. Our designers fashioned this collection with elements of the Bauhaus era in mind, where minimalist form underlines everyday function. Indonesian artisans handcraft each piece, bringing artistry and unique character to hand-planed, hand-sanded wood. Let our Palmer Desk Collection be an endless source of inspiration, where knowledge thrives and modern flair abounds.
56"W X 19"D X 30"H
SELECT A FINISH:
Or Call to Order: 866-427-4287
Questions? Chat Now
- The Ashland Natural Credenza is handcrafted of solid oak wood that is grown and harvested in the United States in strict adherence to international environmental treaties. Timber is hand-planed and hand-sanded to bring out the natural beauty of every piece.
- The Bali Brown Credenza is made of solid mango wood. Mango is indigenous to Indonesia and has an eco-friendly story; timber is harvested only when trees reach maturity and can no longer grow commercially saleable fruit. The wood is hand-planed to achieve a textured surface and then finished with coat after coat of cherry stain to achieve a warm and rich patina.
- Each plank is hand-planed and hand-sanded, then coated with several layers of glaze and light stains to reproduce a naturally weathered finish.
- Artisans apply a matte lacquer topcoat to each piece for extra protection.
- Parsons-style bases are made out of solid iron and powder-coated.
- The credenza does double duty as storage for an office space and as a TV stand for a living area and is equipped with six drawers, two file cabinets and one adjustable shelf with wire access.
- These pieces are constructed with mortise and tenon assembly, which is one of the best ways to secure two pieces of wood that connects at a “t.” The end of one piece is fashioned into a round or rectangular shape (tenon), which is designed to fit into the same size hole on the other end (mortise).
- Due to the nature of the multi-layered finish that is hand-applied by our craftspeople, each piece will have slightly different shading and grain patterns and will vary from piece to piece. Some small splits may occur, but will only add to the character.
- Knots and joint lines are a natural property and add interest but without affecting performance.
- All natural wood will display movement from season to season because of changes in temperature and humidity.
- Spills should be removed immediately with a damp cloth.
- Dust with a soft, dry cloth. Use Guardsman® Wood Polish periodically.
- Iron: We recommend using a damp cloth. You may use a mild soap if necessary. Towel dry.
- Protect surfaces from hot and/or wet objects with coasters and table pads to preserve the finish and natural characteristics of the wood.
- Avoid all direct sources of heat or sunlight as this may discolor the wood and cause cracking; a minimum of 30 cm clearance from heat sources is advised.
- Do not use care products that contain ammonia or silicone as this will cut through the lacquer finish (over time) and damage your piece.
- Prolonged use of hot electrical equipment such as a television on top of furniture may also cause scorching.
- Do not drag this piece(s) across the floor as this will cause damage or weaken joints.
- Dropping furniture onto corners or feet will cause damage.
- Toys, buckles and heels will scratch furnishings—try to prevent these objects from coming into contact with your piece(s).
Limited Lifetime Warranty
We are committed to telling your home design story. This means bringing you designs handcrafted by the world's most skilled artisans, using the highest quality materials and paying attention to every detail in the construction process. To ensure this quality, we warrant our merchandise to be free of defects in both material and workmanship. Please see our Limited Lifetime Warranty for details.
To purchase accidental and incidental damage protection for this piece, see our Worry-Free Protection Plan.
Shipping & Returns
We maintain a 14-day return policy. Should you discover a manufacturer defect or damage upon delivery, please notify our Concierge Team immediately 1.866.427.4287. To process a return or exchange, we require the original receipt. A 10% restocking fee and redelivery fee will be applied to merchandise returned or exchanged for reasons other than manufacturer’s defect or damage. Please note: Special Order merchandise cannot be returned, cancelled or exchanged for any reason other than manufacturer defect or damage. A 50% deposit is required at the time of purchase. Please Note: Discontinued and Clearance items cannot be returned or exchanged. Before finalizing your purchase, please verify clearance measurements of doors, stairways, elevators and hallways. Delivery and shipping fees are not refundable should your ordered items not fit through these areas. For more information, please see our Terms & Conditions.