50"W X 17"D X 29.8"H
50" One of a Kind Sassafras Live Edge Console Table With Brass Base 4
SKU: 34834BSASA50BKTOne of a Kind
50"W X 17"D X 29.8"H
Or Call to Order: 866-427-4287
Questions? Chat Now
Top is available for Individual Purchase
This is an exclusive Arhaus item that requires ordering via phone or in store. To ensure you get one-of-a-kind service, please call 866.427.4287 or find a store near you.
- Narrowest Depth
- Widest Depth
- Top Thickness
- Weight (approx.)
- 61 lbs.
Features a T-shaped iron base with black finish, or brass base with brass or pewter finish.
About This Collection
A natural masterpiece, revived and ready to welcome the generations to come. This one-of-a-kind, solid sassafras live edge table was handcrafted from sustainably harvested timber. Working with an Amish sawmill, we give new life to cut trees that would otherwise be chopped for firewood or chipped for mulch. Coveted for its use in shipbuilding and furniture-making, sassafras easy to work with and finishes nicely. We believe it is most stunning in its entirety, here, as a massive tabletop.
- This one-of-a-kind table features a live edge where parts of the bark are still intact. Even though it is lacquered for protection, just like a real tree in the elements, this edge may wear off over time.
- Sassafras is found in the eastern United States.
- The heartwood is a medium to light brown, sometimes with an orange or olive hue. Its color tends to darken with age.
- It has a straight grain with a coarse, uneven texture.
- It is easy to work with and finishes well, making it great for furniture-making.
- The table and base are designed to complement each other and thus sold together.
- As with all of our wood products, this tabletop is handcrafted from sustainable timber.
- These trees have been cut down by companies or homeowners to allow for new growth and would otherwise be sent to mills for further processing.
- Working with a fourth-generation, Amish-owned family business, we ensure each piece is meticulously chosen to become an Arhaus table.
- Each slab of wood undergoes a nearly two-year process to dry so it remains strong and beautiful through years of use.
- Each slab of wood dries outside in the elements for several months and is then kiln-dried.
- The table is finished by applying a clear varnish coating that preserves and protects the wood surface while imparting a subtle sheen.
- Knots and joint lines are a natural property and add interest without affecting performance.
- Some small splits may occur, but will only add to the piece's character.
- Natural wood will display seasonal movement because of changes in temperature and humidity.
- The table is finished by applying a catalyzed conversion varnish that preserves and protects the wood surface while imparting a sheen.
- Live edge tables may feature a natural bark edge, which has an increased possibility of coming loose over time, especially if placed in high traffic areas. This is considered normal wear and tear and is therefore not a defect.
- Dust wood with a soft, dry cloth and buff periodically using a non-wax furniture polish such as Guardsman® Wood Polish.
- Do not use care products that contain ammonia or silicone as this will cut through the lacquer finish over time and damage your piece.
- Use coasters, trivets and felt pads under objects to preserve the finish of this piece.
- Never place hot dishes on surfaces; we recommend the use of felt-backed tablemats.
- Prolonged use of hot electrical equipment on top of furniture may also cause scorching.
- Hand-wash metal with mild soap and water. Use a soft sponge. Do not use abrasives as they may scratch the surface of this collection. Dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Spills should be removed immediately with a damp cloth.
- Always avoid exposure to direct sunlight or heat (e.g. by placing it in front of a radiator) as this can cause cracking and potential fading of the wood; a minimum 30 cm clearance from heat sources is advised.
- Do not drag piece(s) across the floor as this will cause damage or weaken joints.
- Dropping furniture onto corners or feet will cause damage.
- Toys, buckles and heels will scratch furnishings—try to prevent these objects from coming into contact with your piece(s).
Shipping & Returns
This item is sold "as-is" and cannot be returned or exchanged. All sales are final. Should you discover a manufacturer defect or damage upon delivery, please notify our Concierge Team immediately 1.866.427.4287. For more information, please see our Terms & Conditions.